The purpose of our family blog is to share our life journey with family and friends. Our family consists of Ben and Barbara (married Dec 2002), Caroline (born Sept 2006), Andrew (born Feb 2009) and Dixie (our dog). We hope that you will enjoy following us and all of our adventures and mishaps!

Saturday, December 6, 2008

He has a NAME!

After much debate and careful thought, we are pleased to announce that our Baby Boy (previously referenced as "BB") has a name! The day before Thanksgiving I pinned Ben down and made him "talk" names again. While there were few options that he would even consider, we did finally go back to our original boy name from when we found out I was pregnant with Caroline and did not know whether we were having a boy or a girl. The name has always been on the list, however, nicknames have been the real issue. The name we have chosen actually has two, popular nicknames -- of course, I like one and he likes the other...I don't prefer his and he doesn't prefer mine :) So finally, we agreed to just go with the full name instead of eliminating a good, fitting name due to the "nickname battle!"

So without further explanation...and for those dying to know what are "son" will be called...

We are pleased to now call our wonderful gift from God by the name:



"ANDREW" BENJAMIN APPLING

This ultrasound picture was taken at 24 weeks on 11/7/08. I had to have another ultrasound so that the doctor could get better facial images. The doctor said everything looked great and that Andrew and I are both doing well. I had my 28 week appointment on 12/3/08. February will be here before we know it!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats on picking a name!!! Andrew was our second choice, no joke. You know, it's really scary how similar you and I are!!!!! :) Let me know if you still need some maternity jeans.......I'll be happy to hit the Gap clearance center to see what they have.

The Binder Mom said...

I think he looks a lot like his big sis! :) Really, I do!