The purpose of our family blog is to share our life journey with family and friends. Our family consists of Ben and Barbara (married Dec 2002), Caroline (born Sept 2006), Andrew (born Feb 2009) and Dixie (our dog). We hope that you will enjoy following us and all of our adventures and mishaps!

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Oh the things kids say...

Caroline is getting more and more clever with her come backs these days. Caroline has always been a child that enjoys her sleep...nap time is never a struggle for any of us, HOWEVER... On Friday when I tried to put Caroline down for a nap, she just kept singing and talking and calling out for me. One time I was feeding Andrew and kept hearing her call my name and saying something, but I couldn't make it out. When I was finally able to go up and check on her, I was shocked to hear what she wanted...she wanted her hairbow taken out of her hair. She said she couldn't sleep with it in (and she couldn't take it out??).

About 15 minutes later, she started singing at the top of her lungs..."Oh McDonaldS had a farm." When I went back in for the like 10th time to check on her, I asked her why she wasn't asleep, and she looked back up at me with her big, blue eyes and in a very "duh" way said, "because my eyes are open Mommy!"

Enough said....so, I let her get up.

No comments: