On her actual birthday, we took a quick two night trip up to the Appling cabin (located near Blairsville). She woke up on her birthday to several birthday surprises. I'll have to post pictures of her riding her new bike (with training wheels of course). Ben and I had a hard time enforcing the helmet rule (it's a wonder we survived our childhood without one). We spent most of the time up at the cabin prepping crafts and items for her "friend" birthday party.
As you can see from the photo, although a somewhat odd theme, The Pampered Puppy Party was a HUGE success!
The party included:
1. Pet Grooming Spa (pink nails, personalized dog tags, fluffy dog ears, face painting) Each girl was asked to where lots of PINK and a tutu.
2. Photo Session for each new "posh pup" out in a custom doghouse (made by Ben and the Mrs.)
3. Puppy Hunt (we hid puppies in the yard and had the kids hunt for them and return them to their kennel).
4. Puppy adoption Ceremony. In true "Baby General" style, we had the kids claim a puppy and name them. We then presented them with an adoption certificate.
5. Freeze Dance to "Who Let the Dogs Out" (I'll have to add this video clip)
6. Bead necklaces for their new puppies
7. And what party would be complete without CAKE & ICECREAM! The shaggy dog cake was purchased from Publix and I added the pink bow and candles. The kids ate their cake out of their own dog bowls personalized dog bowls (another craft we did at the beginning).
8. Gift Time - Caroline received lots of fun toys!
9. Free Time and then last but not least, Caroline gave out "Doggy Bags" to all of her friends. My mom helped her make bone shaped cookies.
The party was a lot of FUN, and it is definitely an idea I hope to redesign and use for Andrew - perhaps with more of a firetruck/dalmation theme.
I just still can't believe my baby girl is "FOUR!!"